Sheffield School of Aeronautics
Sheffield School of Aeronautics is an international aircraft dispatch school located in downtown Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA. We are the oldest and most prestigious aircraft dispatcher school in the world.
Since 1948, Sheffield has trained thousands of students and helped newly certified aircraft dispatchers find jobs in the aviation industry with our connection to major airlines. Flight Dispatcher Courses from the World’s Oldest & Most Reputable Aircraft Dispatcher School.
List of courses available at Sheffield School of Aeronautics:
– Full-Time Aircraft Dispatcher Course – 5 Week Residency
– Accelerated Aircraft Dispatcher Course – 3 Week Residency
– Accelerated Aircraft Dispatcher Course – 2 Week Residency
– Online Distance Learning – 1 Week Residency
– AIFP – Advanced International Flight Planning
– ETOPS – Extended Operations
– Advanced Weather Forecasting & EWINS
Sheffield provides housing for all of our students in the located downtown near the school with access to grocery stores, the downtown restaurant area, and the beach. The housing includes microwave, refrigerator/freezer, washing machine/dryer, A/C, linens and towel, bed sheets and pillows, dishes, pots, and silverware. All you need to purchase are groceries, personal items, etc. Cleaning/maid service during your class is not provided.
Our program is FAA approved for 200 hours. Classes are held from 8:00 am until 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. All FAA-approved Dispatch schools must meet (follow) FAA minimum requirements; however, contrary to what many schools claim, all schools DO NOT teach the identical curriculum. Sheffield School incorporates additional reality-based material which is not typically found in common textbooks. In fact, we’ve written our own textbook because most aviation books do not directly address much of the practical material taught in the course; well, not in Sheffield’s comprehensive course. Time in class allotted to each subject varies greatly depending on the examples given, the scenarios produced, and the hands-on application.
Individuals excel in this course are students who
– are at least 21 years of age.
– can read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
– have a high school graduate or international equivalent education.
– are VERY self-disciplined, follows direction well, and studies hard.
Join the team that has the longevity, reputation, and stability to not only help you earn your aircraft dispatcher certificate but assist you throughout your career. THOUSANDS of students have made the correct decision – so can you. Join the team that airlines prefer to hire (not fire) due to our “above standards” approach to training.